Monday, August 10, 2009

Fun in Baltimore

This is a long overdue post about our fun trip to Baltimore.

For all of Natalie's recent pictures, click this link and look in the July and August folders. http://nataliehang.shutterfly.com/

I was SO nervous for Natalie's first plane ride - and we really dove right in to the deep end by making her first plane trip a cross country journey. I barely slept a wink the night before our flight - I kept thinking that I forgot to pack something and that Natalie would be an absolute terror on the airplane. Of course, people on the airplane looked petrified when they saw they would be sitting next to a baby, which only made me more nervous. Luckily, Natalie was perfect on the plane - she either slept or ate the whole time, and the pressure didn't seem to bother her ears. The flight attendants even gave her wings. The poor 5 year old kid near us probably would have appreciated the wings more than Natalie did! After the flight, everyone around us told Dan and me what a great job we did... but it's not like we did anything, we were just lucky!

On Saturday, Natalie enjoyed hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa Hang. We're so happy they were able to join us in Baltimore and we can't wait to see them again in LA for Labor Day.

Saturday night we grilled out and both of my grandmothers and Aunt Nancy joined us for dinner.

Sunday was the big day - Natalie's baptism. In the morning, she had so much fun meeting her Uncle David, Aunt Ingrid and cousins Annelie and Magnus. (Natalie did not want to cooperate for the camera!)

I was so afraid that she was going to spit up all over her beautiful gown or have a tantrum when Monsignor Kenney poured water over her head, but again, she proved me wrong. (Do I sound like I'm already constantly worrying about my daughter??? I guess the grey hairs will arrive soon!) We had a wonderful day and a fabulous reception at the Hopkins Club.

Dan took the next week off from work, so we stayed in Baltimore. And my dad took the whole week off too, so we had a lot of fun spending time together as a family. Highlights include a quick trip to Gettysburg, visits with both of my grandmothers, a tour of the Naval Academy and grabbing a beer in Annapolis, walking on the NCR trail while Dan went for a run, visiting DC and the amazing Smithsonian Air Museum at Dulles, spending the night with Charlie and Marie (of course I forgot the Pack 'N Play, so Natalie had to sleep on the floor!), touring the West Wing of the White House with Marie, taking Natalie to her first Orioles game where, to her daddy's delight, the Red Sox were victorious.

We had such a great time in Baltimore... Thanks to my parents for a wonderful trip. Natalie misses her grandparents (I think they miss her too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment